Income tax is levied on tax subjects:
- undivided estates
- government enterprises, and
- associations, cooperatives and similar organisations.
Types of Income Tax
- Wage Income Tax paid by employers, and
- Withholding Tax on various types of income like royalties, rent and income from prizes.
How Income Tax is Paid
- Income tax installments either monthly or quarterly, and
- Annual Income Tax Return completed each year by businesses and people who operate businesses.
All Businesses are Required to:
- Register to operate in Timor-Leste.